top of page
subscribe to our email list to stay up-to-date with all parkside news
On July 19, 1914, a Methodist Sunday School was formed in response to the desire of Parkside area residents in a rented room of the Community Athletic Association. A gathering took place on the evening of November 15, 1914 marking the first church service of what is now called Parkside United Methodist Church. By March 1915, the church had outgrown its location and moved to a local movie house. The present location of the church and parsonage, then a lot, was purchased in June of 1915 and dedicated as the “Sunday School Temple” on Sunday, June 10, 1917. The parsonage was completed in 1924.
PARKSIDE UMC APP
bottom of page